LOCK IT. HIDE IT. KEEP IT.
“The LOCK IT. HIDE IT. KEEP IT. campaign reduced theft from vehicles in the City of Los Angeles by 28% since implementation. This project dramatically exceeded our expectations. Huge thanks to our friends at D2V and The Illusion Factory.”
Commander James H. Cansler
Los Angeles Police Department
Client: Los Angeles Police Department
Format: Out of Home and Print Media
Date: FALL 2011 – 2012
The Illusion Factory volunteered our services to the Los Angeles Police Department in a community effort to reduce the overall volume of theft from parked vehicles.
• Increase citizen awareness of the theft problem and encourage them to protect their belongings
• Notify criminals that awareness is going up to discourage the illegal behaviors
• Reduce the crime in this very costly category to reduce wasted costs and increase productivity of the citizens and visitors of Los Angeles
Our Lock It. Hide It. Keep It. campaign was used in all out of home advertising media to tremendous results.
• Theft from vehicles in the City of Los Angeles plummeted 28% as a direct result of our having increased consumer awareness.
• The tremendous success of this campaign has spawned similar campaigns in surrounding cities and municipalities.
The Los Angeles Police Department honored The Illusion Factory with a Commemoration of Public Achievement as well as the highly prestigious Challenge Coin, the symbolic medallion of our country’s pilots from WWII-forward, honoring devotion and allegiance for their unit.
• Bus Shelters
• Billboards – Print and Digital
• Outdoor Signage
We are crime fighters!